A Recipe for Discovering Your Ideal Career
Nonfiction / Career
Date Published: March 30, 2022
Publisher: Getting Results Inc
That may have been fun or easy to answer years ago, but for teens and young adults, it’s a question that can be disconcerting at best… and sometimes downright frightening now that the question has become real.
Career choice is a huge decision with layers of consequence.
In Find Your Flavor, Lauren Doyle walks readers through the step-by-step process she uses with the young adult clients she works with which include:
- Integrating your interests, strengths, and lifestyle desires to create the recipe for the ultimate career success.
- The importance of playing, experimenting, and sampling with potential ingredients to be included in your career recipe.
- How to distinguish between enduring intrigue v.s. hobby-like interests.
- Better understanding and mastering your own mind for more successful life outcomes.
- Guidance on how to get your foot in the door (or on the ladder).
- Learn to use existing social networks to help you land a position in your chosen field.
She offers specific exercises that help readers put these critical, but often ‘invisible’ concepts to work to uncover the perfect recipe for choosing the ideal career. Whether you are a teen considering a college major or a young adult about to launch into a professional role, you’ll definitely want to read this book and ‘find your flavor’ that will put you on the path to success and life-long fulfillment.