Author: Rebecca Hefner
Narrator: Devon Wilcox
Length: 11 hours 8 minutes
Series: Etherya’s Earth, Book 1
Released: Aug. 12, 2019
Publisher: Rebecca Hefner
Genre: Paranormal Romance
These are dangerous times on Etherya’s Earth….
Slayer Princess Miranda, heir to the throne, has hated the Vampyres for a thousand years. Since the Awakening, she’s fought to protect her people, choosing to be a warrior more than a royal. When a female Vampyre washes up on the shore of her compound’s riverbank, she seizes the moment to take the offensive.
Sathan, King of the Vampyres, distraught at his sister’s disappearance and captivity, agrees to travel with Miranda to resect the Blade of Pestilence, also hoping to change his people’s state of endless war. Although the woman hates him due to the constant raids on her compound for the Slayers’ life-giving blood, he can’t help but admire the stubborn and strong princess.
As their journey progresses, both begin to understand that they are aligned in their hatred of Crimeous, leader of the Deamons, as well as their hope for peace between the Slayers and Vampyres. Determined to fight their growing attraction, they forge a tentative truce. But old wounds run deep, and trust is scarce. Their faith in each other must remain strong, or all will be lost….
The Etherya’s Earth series is best listened to in order so that the listener can enjoy the evolution of the characters. After all, the author loves a good twist and wants the listener to uncover them organically. However, listeners of romance, rest assured, each audiobook has its own featured hero/heroine and a happily ever after ending.
Check out the Etherya’s Earth Box Set, only at Chirp!
USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Hefner writes steamy paranormal and sci-fi romance as well as contemporary romance under the pen name Ayla Asher. Rebecca is a huge science dork who loves karaoke and she’ll probably try to make a TikTok with you if she ever meets you in person.
Devon Wilcox has loved manipulating his voice to sound like different characters since he was a kid. Rebecca chose him for this series because of his deep, magnetic voice and his talent expressing multiple character emotions.
Q&A with Author Rebecca Hefner
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process? Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
- I make up a lot of words in this series so I make sure to send my narrators voice notes with the correct pronunciation. One of my favorite things about writing fantasy romance is that I can make up names of people and places and they’re not weird (well, not too weird!).
- Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
- I grew up in a small town in North Carolina in the 80s where misogyny was rampant. Most girls were told to go to college to find a husband. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous and always felt a healthy urge to fight the patriarchy. Therefore, you’ll see a lot of kick-ass women in my books who are fighting the same battles.
- Are you an audiobook listener? What about the audiobook format appeals to you?
- I love listening to audiobooks! Before I became an author, I was a medical sales rep and had a huge territory. I drove all the time and listening to audiobooks got me through the long drives. When I became an author, I promised myself I’d make all my books into audiobooks. It’s super-expensive and sometimes I worry I might have to sell a kidney (ha!) but I’m determined to offer all my books in audio format because I want them to be accessible to as many people as possible.
- If you had the power to time travel, would you use it? If yes, when and where would you go?
- Yes! I’m a huge science dork who went to Governor’s School for Physics and actually know a ton about time travel! That inspired me to write my steamy sci-fi time travel trilogy, the Prevent the Past series. Book 1 is called A Paradox of Fates and follows a brilliant scientist who must solve time travel to save the world. A handsome, mysterious soldier appears at her scientific hub and she’s instantly attracted to him before lots of twists occur. I loved writing that series! If I could time travel myself, I’d love to go back in time and live amongst the Ancient Greeks or some other ancient culture. Just for a few days and then I’d probably need modern conveniences again!
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- Yes! Some of the best scenes I’ve written have happened in my dreams. I usually wake up and rush to my journal to write them down so I don’t forget.
- What’s your favorite:
- Food – I love traveling solo and spent a month in Japan in 2018. Sushi is my absolute favorite food and I could eat it every day!
- Television show – Dark on Netflix enthralled me and is my favorite show from the past five years. It’s a twisty time travel show with great character development and I was hooked from the first episode.
- Movie – This one’s always a toss up between When Harry Met Sally and Terminator 2…which couldn’t be more different, but hey, you like what you like!
- Band – I am a pop music, boy band lover and not ashamed to admit it. I Want It That Way is my daily “pump up” song when I need a boost.
- Are any of those things referenced in appearance in your work?
- The twistiness and time travel aspects of Dark are present in my Prevent the Past series. Arderin from The Darkness Within loves human pop music even though she’s a Vampyre and she references it quite a bit.
- What’s next for you?
- I just released my free prequel to the Etherya’s Earth series called The Dawn of Peace. I want everyone to be able to read my books and figured writing a free prequel was a great way to create a low-barrier entry into the series. It’s a steamy enemies-to-lovers tale with “only one bed” and it was so fun to write! I’m also working on a new series under Rebecca Hefner and one under my contemporary romance pen name, Ayla Asher.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.