Author: Tara September
Narrator: Elizabeth Klett
Length: 58 minutes
Publisher: Plus it Up
Producer: Audiobook Empire
Released: Jun. 18, 2021
Genre: Contemporary Romance
A short story, originally appearing in From Florida with Love: Moonlight & Steamy Nights from Satin Romance.
Serina Spring is trading in her blossoming real estate career in Manhattan and an ex-boyfriend to start anew in Naples, Florida. But playing cards with her matchmaking grandmother was not exactly the exciting new life she had in mind.
So when Serina spies a handsome stranger at an Open House she thinks her luck just might be changing. Then again? Maybe not.
Fortunately, while on the white sandy beaches of Southwest Florida, Serina discovers that all is not what it seems if you just open yourself up to fate.
Tara September is an award-winning… and losing contemporary romance writer living in Southwest Florida.
Tara is proud to be the world’s most okayest mom to clones (identical twin boys). When not writing out her daydreams, she blogs over at When Tara Met Blog @tarametblog, a lifestyle and parenting blog of 14 years.
Holding a master’s degree in journalism from NYU, she previously was the Corporate Communications Manager at WWE and PR Manager for The Walt Disney Company, Consumer Products.
Elizabeth Klett is an English literature professor by day and an audiobook narrator by night. She has been a professional audiobook narrator since 2011 and has produced over 200 titles for ACX, Bee Audio, Findaway Voices, Spoken Realms, and Tantor Audio. She trained as an actor at Drew University and holds a doctorate from the University of Illinois. She loves reading (and teaching) fiction, drama, and poetry of all kinds, and delights in creating distinctive voices and accents for literary characters. An absolute Anglophile, Elizabeth has narrated dozens of books in a British accent, despite the fact that she’s originally from New Jersey. Her expertise in analyzing and understanding literature makes her recordings particularly enjoyable for her listeners.
At Audiobook Empire, audio reigns supreme, narrators are hailed as heroes, and headphones are worn with pride.
Marrying pomp and circumstance with quality you can count on, Audiobook Empire is a full-service production house that produces and promotes audiobooks with gusto.
Give your audiobook the imperial treatment by producing it with Audiobook Empire.
Q&A with Author Tara September
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
- I loved working with Audiobook Empire. They took a sample of my manuscript, which they used for a script and provided me with six different auditions, all from talented narrators, so much so that it was hard to choose my favorite. Once I narrowed down my choices they handled the production and editing in less than a week. I couldn’t believe the quick turnaround and quality of the production.
- Do you believe certain types of writing translate better into audiobook format?
- I was nervous about turning such a short story into an audiobook, but love the idea that people can listen to a complete tale while at the beach or by the pool.
- Was a possible audiobook recording something you were conscious of while writing?
- No, not for this one, so it’s been a delight to see it come together.
- How did you select your narrator?
- I liked all the auditions that I heard, but went with Elizabeth’s rendition because I enjoyed her delivery and that she was able to do the eldery voices featured in my story like Serina’s Nana.
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process? Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
- No, I didn’t have to. When it comes to narration I leave it to the voice professionals, which is definitely not me, lol. I simply supply the words to recite.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.