Author: TH Leatherman
Narrator: Russell Archey
Length: 7 hours 59 minutes
Series: The Burning Son, Book 1
Publisher: Fivefold Publishing LLC
Released: Aug. 12, 2020
Genre: Science Fiction; Space Opera
Pilot Mark Martin must flee his homeworld of Yale when the Erethizon theocracy overwhelms the defenses. His father, an influential senator, is captured. Now Mark must find a way to save his dad before the resistance is crushed, and with it, all hope of ending the occupation. A chance encounter with a smuggler captain may be his only hope. Will they help, or will the crew sell him to the alien invaders?
TH Leatherman is a writer from Firestone, Colorado. He enjoys science fiction, fantasy, winemaking, and the Rocky Mountain lifestyle. When not busy writing his next book, he can be found hiking with his wife and two sons or walking his rescued dogs. He worked as a stockbroker for twenty years before he started writing full time. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Regis University with a degree in Business Management and a minor in Psychology. He has released four books, The Burning Son, Marque of the Son, Son Rise, Twin Sons and The Son Set, an omnibus edition of the first three books.
Russell Archey loves the spoken word. Whether you need a story told, a product marketed, or a character brought to life, he takes both great pleasure and pride in voicing your project. Let him bring his passion and skill for the art to your creative venture. Clean, warm sound. Full and rich narration. Villainous vs. Heroic. Energetic and Upbeat! Smooth or Gravelly. Serious and heavy…or Light and Humorous! Lurch with a heart of gold or sinister evil lurking in the shadows. Russell is what you need him to be!
Q&A with Protagonist Mark Martin
- What’s your name, age, and race?
- Mark Martin, 26, Terran
- What do you do?
- That’s a bit tougher. I’m a navigator, but with the war going on, I haven’t really had a ship to navigate. The need fighter pilots, so that’s what I am now.
- What is your goal?
- Protect my family, protect my homeworld, and drive the Erethizon from the galaxy.
- What was life like for you growing up?
- My Dad’s a senator, so my childhood was kinda nice. I went to private schools and played sports. I grew up on Yale, so an arts education is required. I learned to play the guitar, and I can sing pretty well.
- What do you do for fun?
- Um, flying, playing pod ball, and singing folk songs. Although lately it seems all I do is fly missions.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Oh, man. I really hope that we don’t lose to the Porcu-bears, the Erethizon I mean. If the Theocracy takes over the galaxy, their priest will turn it into a police state with mandatory worship five times a day, every day.
- What do you feel are your strengths?
- Wow, um. I guess I’ve got guts. When things go sideways, I’m the first guy to jump in and fix stuff. My sister is a doctor and super smart, so I’ve never really thought of myself as in her league. Um, oh! I’m pretty good a poker. My Grandpa taught me a lot about reading people’s body language and I’m pretty good at reading people.
- Where could you improve?
- Ugh. Politics. Reading people is not the same thing as being able to get them to do what you want. I just don’t have the patience for those kinds of games.
- What is your relationship status?
- Single. I mean, I’ve had girlfriends, but my last girlfriend cheated on me and I only found out because my friends told me. I’ll probably find another girlfriend someday, but with the war and everything, it hasn’t been a priority.
- What is your relationship with your parents like?
- My Dad is pretty cool. I mean, he wants me to follow his footsteps and go into politics, but that’s not really my thing. My Mom died when I was pretty young. I don’t remember much about her. My sister and Dad don’t talk about her that much, so I often wonder what she was like.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.