Honestly, if something begins with chocolate I’m definitely on board! I rushed to the kitchen to see if I had all the ingredients…and I do! I’ll be back…later…maybe! 😉
This is from RecipeGirl.com and you can find the full article here!
This Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur is so rich and it’s a wonderful after-dinner treat. It also stores great in the fridge and makes excellent presents!
I don’t have a huge sweet tooth but I have been known to have a small after dinner drink and sometimes I like that drink to be sweet!
But, I also like whiskey so this homemade Irish cream liqueur is my dream after-dinner cocktail. Plus, you’ll be shocked at how easy it is to put together.
Step one is just to melt the chocolate! The trick here is to melt it slowly and add a little whiskey to it as it melts to thin it out. I like to use a double boiler for this.
Then just stir in the other ingredients. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
This stuff should keep great in the fridge for up to a month. Just give it a good shake before serving it.
Obviously, if it smells “off” at all then you should probably toss it, but the booze will actually keep it stable for longer than normal!
Personally, I like it served over ice. Or add to hot chocolate or coffee for a delicious warm cocktail
Yield: Makes about 4 cups.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Irish whiskey, divided
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a double-boiler (I use a metal mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water), combine 1/4 cup whiskey and chocolate. Heat and whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Combine other ingredients in order and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an air-proof storage container and store in the fridge for up to a month.
- Serve over ice!
(Recipe and all photos are the property of RecipeGirl.com. Items posted here for sharing and conversation only!)